Bakers Chocolate Salami
Step aside savoury salami, you’ve got competition from the cocoa kind! This literal chocolate log is made all the more decadent thanks to Bakers Ginger Nuts® and just gets nicer by the slice!
3. 50 g Glacé Cherries (or other Glacé fruit) or 50 g nuts (optional)
4. 150 g butter, melted
5. 200 g chocolate (dark or milk)
6. 100 g icing sugar, plus extra for decorating
7. 2 Tbsp cocoa powder
8. 6 Tbsp milk
1. Roughly break the biscuits into small pieces (1 - 2 cm) in a bowl, keeping all the crumbs as well.
2. Cut cherries in half and add chopped nuts if using. You could also add other Glacé fruit, or Glacé ginger, or raisins, as you prefer.
3. Melt butter in a pan. Melt the chocolate into the butter on a low heat until just melted, stirring continuously so it doesn’t burn. If easier, melt in microwave.
4. Add the milk to melted mixture and stir well. Add the icing sugar and cocoa powder and mix well until smooth. If too stiff, add a little extra milk. Add to the biscuits and cherries, and mix so they are all well coated.
5. Spread the mixture out on baking paper, or plastic wrap, and shape it into a roll using a spatula or spoon. Roll up the paper and wrap it tight like a sausage/salami, twisting and securing the ends.
6. Place in the fridge for several hours until firm.
7. After chilling, remove from the paper. Sieve icing sugar on all sides.
8. Cut into pieces and serve.
9. To store, keep in the fridge or freezer. If the latter, place at room temperature for a few minutes before cutting and serving.
Recipe Shared from