PEPPERMINT CRISP TART
Most of us are familiar with this family get together treat and it is a true classic. It is one of the simplest puddings to make and there are so many variations. Let me know if you tried it and what the results were!
- 1 packet Orley Whip (250ml)
- 2 packets Tennis biscuits - Click HERE to add to cart
- 1 tin caramel
- 2 Peppermint Crisp chocolates -> Click HERE to add to cart
- In a medium-size bowl whip the Orley Whip to soft peaks. In a different bowl whip the caramel until it is smooth and whip these two together. Crush one of the peppermint crisps and mix into Orley Whip and caramel mix.
- In a medium-size square glass dish, pack a single layer of Tennis biscuits and top with a layer of caramel – Orley Whip – Peppermint Crisp mix. Continue to layer until the mix is finished. Crush the remaining Peppermint Crisp and sprinkle over the top.
- The secret to a good Peppermint Crisp Tart is to let it refrigerate for at least 2 to 3 hours. Very few people can leave it in the fridge that long before dipping a spoon in to taste.
My secret...I crushed the tennis biscuits and layered it with the Orley-Caramel-Peppermint mix in pretty glasses to create individual portions. It uses fewer Tennis biscuits and looks really nice at a dinner party.
For more information on this wonderful dish visit https://www.getaway.co.za/food/peppermint-crisp-tart-recipe/